- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Statní opera Praha (Prague State Opera)
Statní opera Praha (Prague State Opera) Review
With the most ornate interior of any venue in Prague, this theater has more than a touch of Phantom of the Opera. Marble sculptures support the loges, and a fresco in need of a good cleaning adorns the ceiling. The building started life as the German Theater in 1887, and has undergone several name changes since. A rotating stage offers directors a chance to experiment, although the stage can be a bit cramped. It stages some challenging works as well as crowd-pleasers, and also has a ballet company. Book early for bargain tickets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more