- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Prague & the Best of the Czech Republic
Karlovo náměstí (Charles Square)
Karlovo náměstí (Charles Square) Review
This square began life as a cattle market, a function chosen by Charles IV when he established the New Town in 1348. The horse market (now Wenceslas Square) quickly overtook it as a livestock-trading center, and an untidy collection of shacks accumulated here until the mid-1800s, when it became a green park named for its patron. Glassy, modern buildings clash with surrounding older architecture, but it's quite representative of Prague's past and present united in one spot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Firstly, here's my blog page link: http://ashwinbahulkar.wordpress.com/my-travels-2/central-europe-austria-and-czech-republic/austria-and-prague/
It has quite a few pictures.
And I would like to thank Read more
Due to unavoidable circumstances our trip to Prague and Munich was called off last May. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more