- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Matyášova brána (Matthias Gate)
Matyášova brána (Matthias Gate) Review
Built in 1614, this stone gate once stood alone in front of the moats and bridges that surrounded the castle. Under the Hapsburgs, the gate survived by being grafted as a relief onto the palace building. As you go through it, notice the ceremonial white-marble entrance halls on either side that lead up to the Czech president's reception rooms (which are only rarely open to the public).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more