Maiselova synagóga (Maisel Synagogue)
Maiselova synagóga (Maisel Synagogue) Review
The history of Czech Jews from the 10th to the 18th century is illustrated, accompanied by some of the Prague Jewish Museum's most precious objects. The collection includes silver Torah shields and pointers, spice boxes, and candelabra; historic tombstones; and fine ceremonial textiles—some donated by Mordechai Maisel to the very synagogue he founded. The glitziest items come from the late 16th and early 17th centuries, a prosperous era for Prague's Jews.
- Address: Maiselova 10, Josefov, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00 | Map It
- Phone: /222–317–191
- Cost: Combined ticket to museums and Old-New Synagogue 480 Kč; museums only, 300 Kč
- Hours: Apr.–Oct., Sun.–Fri. 9–6; Nov.–Mar., Sun.–Fri. 9–4:30.
- Website: www.jewishmuseum.cz
- Subway: Line A: Staroměstská
- Location: Josefov (Jewish Quarter)
View deals in Prague for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More