- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Botanická zahrada (Botanical Gardens)
Botanická zahrada (Botanical Gardens) Review
Not far from Prague Zoo, the public garden has a path that first takes you through a semi-desert environment, then through a tunnel beneath a tropical lake and into a rain forest; you end up cooling off in a room devoted to plants found in tropical mountains. Sliding doors and computer-controlled climate systems help keep it all together. The impressive Fata Morgana, a snaking 429-foot greenhouse that simulates three different environments, has been drawing large crowds since it opened in 2004.
- Address: Nadvorni 134, Troja, Prague, Bohemia 171 00 | Map It
- Phone: 603–582–191
- Cost: 120 Kč, Fata Morgana and Open Air Exhibitions; 50 Kč, Open Air Exhibitions only
- Hours: Open-Air Expositions, Nov.–Feb., daily 9–4; Mar., daily 9–5; Apr. and Oct., daily 9–6; May–Sept., daily 9–7. Fata Morgana, same hours but closed Mon.
- Website: www.botgarden.cz
- Metro Line C: Nádraží Holešovicé, then Bus 112.
- Location: Troja
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more