- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Prague, 2nd Edition
Kostel svatého Martina ve zdi (Church of St. Martin-in-the-Wall)
Kostel svatého Martina ve zdi (Church of St. Martin-in-the-Wall) Review
It was here in 1414 that Holy Communion was first given to the Bohemian laity in the form of both bread and wine. (The Catholic custom of the time dictated only bread would be offered to the masses, with wine reserved for priests and clergy.) From then on, the chalice came to symbolize the Hussite movement. The church is sometimes open for evening concerts, held often in summer, or for Sunday service, but that's the only way to see the rather plain interior.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We will be traveling from Brno to Budapest in June. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more