- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Schwarzenberský palác (Schwarzenberg Palace)
Schwarzenberský palác (Schwarzenberg Palace) Review
A boxy palace with an extravagant façade, this space is now home to the National Gallery's permanent exhibition of baroque sculpture and paintings. Among the masters featured are Peter Brandl, Maximilian Brokof, and the sculptor Mathias Braun (whose work you've seen on the Charles Bridge). With arched ceilings and displays on how artists worked and what their studios were like during the baroque period, the Schwarzenberg interior is every bit as exuberant as the outside, and its hushed vibe might provide just the antidote to those tourist hordes outside.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more