- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Prague & the Best of the Czech Republic
Iron Gate Hotel and Suites
At a Glance
- history galore
- each room is unique
- located on one of the most precious cobblestone streets in the city
- firm beds
- free Wi-Fi only in public areas
Check Rates from our Partners
Iron Gate Hotel and Suites Review
Want history? The Iron Gate has it in spades. The original building dates from the 14th century, and the architectural details prove it (ask to see a room with painted ceiling beams.) During the 16th century it underwent a major renovation, adding balconies and terraces. In 2003 it was restored yet again, exposing the original frescoes that had been hidden for years. The sleigh beds, tasteful antique touches, and fluffy terry bathrobes are nice details, but the prime location and a peaceful courtyard don't come cheap.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Firstly, here's my blog page link: http://ashwinbahulkar.wordpress.com/my-travels-2/central-europe-austria-and-czech-republic/austria-and-prague/
It has quite a few pictures.
And I would like to thank Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more