Tennis in Prague
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tennis is one of the favorite local sports, but the national passion remains at a simmer instead of a rolling boil. The best-known Czech players have been Ivan Lendl and, by ethnicity at least, Martina Navratilova. But there are a crop of younger players out there trying to crowd into the top 10. Prague is blessed with several public tennis courts. Most are cinder or clay surface.
At Bendvík indoor courts cost 250 Kc to 430 Kc per hour, outdoor courts 100 Kc to 200 Kc per hour. Diskarská 1, Hradcany, Prague, Bohemia. 251-611-129. Tram 15, 22, or 23 to Malovanka.
Some of the city's best tennis courts are found right next door to the tennis stadium, Cesky Lawn Tennis Klub, which in its time has hosted ATP events. Open to the public for 300 Kc-600 Kc per hour are 10 outdoor courts and 6 indoor courts, all hard surface or clay, despite the name. Ostrov Stvanice 38, Holesovice, Prague, Bohemia. 222-316-317. Line C: Vltavská.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enjoy the Czech Republic! Flights to Prague From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Prague: Save this May Fr $258+/Nt Save with Expedia, $56/night less
- Book in Prague: Save this May Fr $144+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 5-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Prague Fr $1198 Expedia
- $3,315 & Up: See Prague with Avalon Waterways 12 Nts Expedia