Ideally, you should combine Třebíč with a visit to Telč. Direct bus travel to Třebíč from Prague takes around 2½ hours and costs around 160 Kč. Train connections are not direct, and are more expensive. Bus travel with a change in Jihlava, which has a nice square and town wall, is also possible; from Telč the bus trip takes less than 45 minutes and costs less than 30 Kč.
Car travel from Telč is direct on Route 23 and takes about 20 minutes. From Prague it's fastest to get back on Highway E50 and go east to Velké Meziříčí. Then go south on Route 360; the trip should take less than three hours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe