Bus and train service makes much of Moravia easily accessible. A high-speed train to Olomouc makes it possible to go to there as a day trip, in just over two hours each way. And while trains do serve the smaller towns and cities, buses are usually more direct and faster. The D1 highway from Prague also leads into South Moravia and loops back up to end near Olomouc, but it gets heavy traffic at the start and end of the weekend.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe