Mikulov's massive and moving cemetery is not far from Husova ulice, just off Brněnská. The cemetery dates to shortly after 1421 when Jews were forced to leave Vienna and Lower Austria. The oldest legible stone is from 1605 and the most recent are from the 19th century, giving a wide range of stylistic flourishes. Stones for Moravian rabbis are among the most interesting. Step into the ceremonial hall to view an exhibit of the cemetery's history. The cemetery is open
April to October, and during the rest of the year keys can be borrowed from the Tourist Information Center at Nám. 1.
Off Brněnská ul., Mikulov, Moravia, 692 01, Czech Republic