- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Prague & the Best of the Czech Republic
Radnice (Town Hall)
Radnice (Town Hall) Review
Olomouc's central square is marked by the bright, spire-bedecked Renaissance town hall with its 220-foot tower. The tower was constructed in the late 14th century. The astronomical clock on the outside was built in 1422, and once rivaled the one in Prague. It was mostly destroyed by an artillery shell on the last two days of World War II. The modern socialist-realist mosaic decorations of the current clock date from 1955. Be sure to look inside the town hall at the beautiful stairway. You can also visit a large Gothic banquet room in the main building, with scenes from the city's history, and a late-Gothic chapel. Tours of the tower are given several times daily; tours of the rest of the building are by appointment. A tour called Olomouc in a Nutshell starts at the Information Center in the town hall and includes the town hall, tower, and main sights on the square.
- Address: Horní nám., Olomouc, Moravia 779 11 | Map It
- Phone: 585–513–385 tourist office
- Cost: Tower tour 25 Kč; Oloumoc in a Nutshell tour 50 Kč
- Hours: Information center daily 9–7; Olomouc in Nutshell tours approximately every 90 minutes; tower tour also at 11 am and 3 pm
- Location: Olomouc
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Firstly, here's my blog page link: http://ashwinbahulkar.wordpress.com/my-travels-2/central-europe-austria-and-czech-republic/austria-and-prague/
It has quite a few pictures.
And I would like to thank Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more