Traveling from Prague, in addition to driving, you can take either a train or a bus. By car, follow the D1 motorway south to Brno and then follow the signs and turnoffs to Olomouc from Brno. The trip will take about three hours in moderate traffic.
Direct train travel from Prague takes at least 2¾ hours, and costs around 310 Kč for the 250-km (150-mi) trip. High-speed Pendolino trains also go there, usually from the Holešovice station, for 510 Kč.
Direct bus service from Prague's Florenc bus station takes at least three hours, and costs around 300 Kč for the 262-km (157-mi) trip.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe