- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To really experience the Czech Republic, you've got to get out of Prague, and it's an easy feat. A plethora of sights surround the city, whether you are looking for something medieval, macabre, or rural. In a couple of hours you'll have forgotten the cramped city and be lost in the rolling countryside or admiring the glorious castles and cathedrals outside the capital.
Prague's public transport system can deliver you to any of these destinations any day of the week. Car rentals are easy to come by, or make it easy on yourself and book a day tour. Any way you choose, a side trip into Bohemia is a worthy addition to any Prague itinerary.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line