- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's no train service directly to Terezín. Several buses leave the Nádraží Holešovice station daily, and weekends offer a bit more choice. The trip lasts almost an hour. To get a good overview of the city, ask the driver for a ticket to Terezín bioveta, the stop just outside the town proper, closer to the Malá Pevnost (Small Fortress). Visiting here first and taking the guided tour (included in the ticket price; make an advance reservation online) will give you a good overview of not only the main prison camp but also the ghetto itself.
If you're driving, take the E55 north out of Prague (this is the main highway going to Dresden and Berlin) and head toward Lovosice. You can either take Exit 35 at Doksany and follow the country road straight to Terezín or continue to Lovosice, and from there, turn right; the road leads directly into Terezín. There's a large parking lot next to the Malá Pevnost. The trip takes about 50 minutes. To visit Střekov, follow the road signs from Terezín to Litoměřice, then take Highway 261 to Ústí nad Labem.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe