U Jelena Review
Considering that hunting was a popular pastime in this village, this restaurant fits in with the theme. Game dishes are the house specialty, and relatively upscale meals are served in a genteel European setting, from the familiar svíčková (slices of beef loin in cream sauce) to more elaborate dishes such as venison steak with Cumberland sauce. If you'd like to stay overnight, there are a few rooms upstairs, outfitted simply but with a cozy feeling thanks to wooden furnishings and pleasant lighting. Most have good views of the woodsy surroundings and there's a lovely terrace that overlooks the river as well.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's