- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
České Muzeum Stříbra (Czech Museum of Silver)
České Muzeum Stříbra (Czech Museum of Silver) Review
Silver mines are a but more romantic than a run-of-the-mill coal mine, and this silver museum combines all manner of medieval mining and minting equipment with the real deal: the chance to tour a medieval silver mine. It's fun, but if you're claustrophobic it's worth nothing that the tunnel is a bit tight, and you're underground for about 30 minutes. The city boasted some of the deepest mines in the world back in the 16th century, and the trek nowadays will probably make you glad you weren't a miner.
- Address: Barborská ul. 28, Kutná Hora, Bohemia 284 01 | Map It
- Phone: 327–512–159
- Cost: 90 Kč –140 Kč, 20 Kč for foreign-language explanation
- Hours: Apr. and Oct., Tues.–Sun. 9–5; May, June, and Sept., Tues.–Sun. 9–6; July and Aug., Tues.–Sun. 10–6; Nov., 10–4. Last admission 90 mins before closing. Tours start every half-hour. The mine can shut down in bad weather.
- Website: www.cms-kh.cz
- Location: Kutná Hora
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Are there any worth seeing flea markets in Prague? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more