- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amber Hotel Konopiště
At a Glance
- many sport facilities and gorgeous woodlands to walk in
- The remoteness may be too isolated for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Amber Hotel Konopiště Review
Konopiště is so close to Prague that it's easy to do in a day trip, but if you're looking for a sporty weekend with a bit of relaxation at the end, Amber Hotel should satisfy. This modern and well-maintained motel is about a 15-minute walk through the woods from the castle. The tennis court, pool, fitness center, sauna—not to mention brisk walks thought the forest—should have you working up an appetite. Thank goodness for the hotel's restaurant Stodola ($$–$$$; open for lunch and dinner), which serves up a variety of meat and fish entrées. Rooms are small but adequate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We will be traveling from Brno to Budapest in June. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more