- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It's a shame that an important memorial so close to Prague is so difficult to reach by public transportation. There's no train service to Lidice, leaving only regular bus service from Evropska třida near the Dejvice metro station on Line A (green line). You'll want the bus stops across the street from the large Diplomat Hotel; look for coaches heading towards Kladno. Before getting on the bus, ask the driver if he stops in Lidice. (Buses heading to Kladno pass nearby, but often do not stop at Lidice.) Tickets (25 Kč) are purchased directly from the driver, and ask him to let you know when the stop comes up. The trip should take about 20 minutes, and when all goes well, you'll be let off at an intersection across from the memorial itself.
By car, Lidice is an easy 30-minute journey. From the Dejvice area, follow Evropská třída out of Prague past the airport, then continue west on Route 551 until you see the well-marked memorial, with a parking lot, beside the highway. If you're driving, it's ideal to combine this with a trip to Terezín, about 30 km (18 mi) farther along in the same direction from Prague.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe