- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you've only a few hours to spend outside of Prague, going to Karlštejn is an easy and delightful day trip. The town itself seems to exist mainly to support visitors to the castle, so if you are looking for some Czech authenticity this probably isn’t the one to choose. But for castle lovers and nature lovers, it’s a lovely outing.
Karlštejn at a Glance
Elsewhere in Day Trips from Prague
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's