- Visit spooky Sedlec The Kostnice outside of Kutná Hora is a mesmerizing church decorated with human bones.
- Find a storybook come to life A true medieval castle, babbling brook and all, can be found in Karlštejn.
- Take a historic tour The home of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, whose assassination started World War I, is remarkably well preserved in Konopiště; look for the bear living in the moat.
- Pay remembrance to the past In Terezín, a baroque fortress turned into a concentration camp is both powerful and chilling.
- Sample the wine It’s not all about beer. Try the locally produced wine at pretty Mělník.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More