This meat-centric restaurant is popular with locals for both lunch and dinner; it's well-known for its homemade meze and other Cypriot specialties. If you're daring, opt for the liver and intestines of lamb, the salted pork, or the lamb's head. To play it safe, you can't go wrong with the tavas—pieces of lamb and beef cooked with potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and spices; the souvla (roasted pork in wine); or the moussaka. But best of all for those with hearty appetites is the meze—plate after plate of salad, olives, cheese, seafood, and meats, all for a reasonable fixed price. Sit on the terrace for lovely views of the sea.
- Address: 42 Piale Pasha St., Larnaca
- Phone: 24/655867
- Location: Larnaca
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more