Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Cyprus Museum Review
Outside the city walls stands the Cyprus Museum, the world's largest collection of Cypriot antiquities and arguably the most interesting museum on the island. It houses archaeological displays ranging from Neolithic to Roman times, including a fascinating display of 2,000 terra-cotta figures from the 6th and 7th centuries BC, unearthed in Northern Cyprus in 1929, as well as three limestone lions and two sphinxes from approximately 475–400 BC, discovered south of Nicosia in 1997. Other highlights include a famous statue of Aphrodite of Soloi and beautiful mosaics. This stop is essential to an understanding of the island's ancient sites.
- Address: 1 Mouseiou St., Nicosia
- Phone: 22/865888
- Cost: €3.40
- Hours: Tues., Wed., Fri. 8-4; Thurs. 8–5; Sat. 9–4; Sun. 10–1
- Location: Nicosia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Cyprus I visited Nicosia and Paphos
To see my photo gallery click on the link below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/sets/72157630585160352/ Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more