Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Asinou Church Review
One of the best preserved painted churches in Cyprus, Asinou Church (also known as Panagia Forviotissa) was built in the early 12th century; it's a UNESCO World Heritage site located about 3 km (2 miles) south of Nikitari village. The church's brightly colored frescoes—which cover the entire inside of the structure—date from the 12th to the 17th centuries. If there isn't a church caretaker around to let you in, you'll need to stop by Nikitari village to ask for the priest to escort you; he can usually be found at the local kafeneio (coffeehouse).
- Address: 3 km (2 miles) south of Nikitari, Nikitari
- Phone: 99/830329
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 9:30–1 and 2–4; Sun. 10–4
- Location: Troodos Mountains
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
I am getting married next year. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more