Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
St. Hilarion Kalesi
St. Hilarion Kalesi Review
The fantastic ruins of the St. Hilarion Kalesi (Castle of St. Hilarion) stand on a hilltop 11 km (7 miles) southwest of Girne. It's a strenuous walk, so take a taxi from Girne and then allow about 20 minutes to hike from the car park uphill to the ruins (wear comfortable shoes); the views are breathtaking. You'll need at least two hours to fully explore the castle.
- Address: Girne (Kyrenia)
- Cost: 7 TL
- Hours: Jun.–Sept., daily 9–6; Oct.–May, daily 9–4:30
- Location: Kyrenia (Girne)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Cyprus I visited Nicosia and Paphos
To see my photo gallery click on the link below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/sets/72157630585160352/ Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more