Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Petra tou Romiou
Petra tou Romiou Review
The legendary birthplace of Aphrodite—Greek goddess of love and beauty—is a large offshore rock just off the main road between Limassol and Paphos. Swimming around Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite's Rock) three times is purported to bring you eternal love. Whether or not you believe the legend, it's a dramatic place to stop for a snack or picnic lunch and a look at the unquestionably romantic views. Park in the lot and take the passageway under the highway to the large pebble beach, where you may be tempted to swim or stay for sunset. Amenities: food and drink; parking (no fee); toilets; water sports. Best for: sunset; swimming.
- Address: Between Limassol and Paphos, Petra tou Romiou
- Location: Petra tou Romiou
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
I am getting married next year. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more