Kourion Archaeological Site
Kourion Archaeological Site Review
The Kourion (Curium) Archaeological Site, west of Limassol, has Greek and Roman ruins. Classical and Shakespearean plays are sometimes staged in the impressive amphitheater. Next to the theater is the Villa of Eustolios, a summer house built by a wealthy Christian with interesting mosaic floors from the 5th century AD; nearby is the partially rebuilt Roman stadium.
- Address: 19 km (12 miles) west of Limassol, Main Paphos Rd., Limassol
- Phone: 25/934250
- Cost: €1.70
- Hours: Jun.–Aug., daily 8–7:30; Apr.–May and Sept.–Oct., daily 8–6; Nov.–Mar., daily 8–5
- Location: Limassol
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
Could anybody suggest good city guide in Prague. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more