As you stroll down the Paphos harbor, you'll likely feel pressured by the touts inviting you to sit down at their seaside restaurant; ignore them until you reach Poseidonas, last in line on the tourist strip and closest to the Paphos Fort. Though the food won't win any culinary awards, the seafood is tasty, the salads fresh, and the views of the water and the fort unbeatable. If you're lucky, you'll be joined by the resident cartoon-like pink pelican, who often poses for pictures with diners.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
I am getting married next year. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more