Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Ayios Lazarus Review
In the town center stands one of the island's more important churches, Ayios Lazarus (Church of Lazarus), resplendent with gold icons and unique woodcarvings. Constructed in AD 890 by Byzantine Emperor Leo VI and restored to its glory in the 17th century, it is a beautiful example of Byzantine architecture. The church includes a fascinating crypt containing the sarcophagus of the Biblical Lazarus mentioned in Luke; Jesus is said to have resurrected Lazarus four days after his death, after which time Lazarus traveled to Kition (Larnaca's ancient city), where he became a bishop for 30 years.
- Address: Plateia Agiou Lazarou, Larnaca
- Phone: 24/652498
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Weekdays 8–12:30 and 2:30–5:30; weekends 8–5:30
- Location: Larnaca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Cyprus I visited Nicosia and Paphos
To see my photo gallery click on the link below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/sets/72157630585160352/ Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more