Mandra Tavern Review
It's worth venturing a block inland from the beach for well-prepared Cypriot food in a charming traditional setting—an old tavern that was formerly a livestock pen, now decorated with overhead grapevines and a waterfall. Mandra is especially known for tender souvla (lamb cooked over charcoal and served on a skewer) as well as a filling meat meze for a fixed price; they also offer a tasty prix-fixe seafood meze for a bit more. Vegetarians will appreciate the veggie moussaka, a rarity in meat- and fish-centric Cyprus.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more
Could anybody suggest good city guide in Prague. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more