Cyprus Restaurant Reviews
The top hotels offer local and international food, often at good prices; large buffets are especially popular. Meals in local restaurants or tavernas usually start with a selection of mezes (appetizers), followed by kebabs, dolmas, stews, fresh fish, and various lamb dishes. Meals end with fruit or honey pastries and Greek coffee. In addition, most places serve sweet Commandaria, the world's oldest named wine. By law, all establishments must display a menu with government-approved prices, which usually include a 10% service charge and always include the 8% Value-Added Tax. Food prices are relatively reasonable compared to other European countries, and the quality is generally very good.
Browse Cyprus Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's