Cyprus Restaurant Reviews
The top hotels offer local and international food, often at good prices; large buffets are especially popular. Meals in local restaurants or tavernas usually start with a selection of mezes (appetizers), followed by kebabs, dolmas, stews, fresh fish, and various lamb dishes. Meals end with fruit or honey pastries and Greek coffee. In addition, most places serve sweet Commandaria, the world's oldest named wine. By law, all establishments must display a menu with government-approved prices, which usually include a 10% service charge and always include the 8% Value-Added Tax. Food prices are relatively reasonable compared to other European countries, and the quality is generally very good.
Browse Cyprus Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe