Located about 35 km (22 miles) north of Paphos, Polis is essentially a small town with nothing more than a few restaurants and hotels. Its main appeal is as a gateway to the region's nature trails, hiking, and mountain biking to the west in the rugged Akamas Peninsula and the quiet, unspoiled beaches of Chrysochous Bay.
Elsewhere in Cyprus
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe