Located about 35 km (22 miles) north of Paphos, Polis is essentially a small town with nothing more than a few restaurants and hotels. Its main appeal is as a gateway to the region's nature trails, hiking, and mountain biking to the west in the rugged Akamas Peninsula and the quiet, unspoiled beaches of Chrysochous Bay.
Elsewhere in Cyprus
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's