Minibuses and the shared dolmuş (taxis) are the cheapest forms of transportation. Service is frequent on main routes, usually every 10 to 20 minutes; minibuses run daily until about 9 pm in the summer and 7 pm in the winter. A minibus from Lefkoşa to Girne costs about 2.50 TL and from Kyrenia to Gazimağusa, about 8 to 10 TL. Dolmuş are slightly cheaper than minibuses, with the price of a seat in a dolmuş from Kyrenia to Gazimağusa running about 6 TL.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe