Cyprus Travel Guide
Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Plan Your Cyprus Vacation
Cyprus, once a center for the cult of the Greek goddess Aphrodite, is a modern island nation that retains an essentially Mediterranean character. Its 3,572 square miles (about the size of Connecticut) encompass citrus and olive groves, pine-forested mountains, and some of Europe's cleanest beaches. The easternmost island in the Mediterranean Sea, Cyprus has a 403-mile coastline and is approximately 60 miles west of Syria, 47 miles south of Turkey, and 200 miles north of Egypt. The island has a mild, typically Mediterranean climate, with an average of 340 days of sunshine a year. In winter, visitors can ski in the Troodos Mountains in the morning and sunbathe on the beach in the afternoon.
All hotels listed have private bath or shower and air-conditioning, but check when making reservations. ...read more
The top hotels offer local and international food, often at good prices; large buffets are especially popular. Meals in local restaurants or tavernas usually...read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All! Read more
I am back from vacation, and wanted to pay back all the good info gotten here with any help I can give.
Just a little background. My husband and I (late 40's), traveled with our 11 year old Read more