- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
At a Glance
- near train station
- easy access to shops and restaurants
- contemporary and artsy decor
- majority of guests are business travelers
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Arcotel Allegra Review
Design is the word in this trendy boutique hotel in the same building as the Branimir Center, a bustling little shopping mall. Everything—from the bedspreads and pillowcases, which picture the faces of luminaries like Verdi, Kafka, Frida Kahlo, and Einstein, to the soft, synthetic leather armchairs and "mobile tables," to the deep-blue carpeting showing a map of the world (Zagreb highlighted by a red dot)—is intended to soothe or inspire. And it's all compliments of Austrian artist, designer, and architect Harald Schreiber. In the Executive rooms (a small supplement to the standard), you get free newspapers, slippers, bathrobes, and chocolates. The likewise stylish restaurant is probably the only place in town where you can get such fare as freshly seared Adriatic Cajun tuna with wasabi dressing and green salad.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more