- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Kopneva Vrata (The Land Gate)
Kopneva Vrata (The Land Gate) Review
A walk around the walls of Zadar's Old Town is a walk around what was, once, the largest city-fortress in the Venetian Republic. One of the finest Venetian-era monuments in Dalmatia, the Land Gate was built in 1543 by the small Foša harbor as the main entrance to the city. It takes the form of a triumphal arch, with a large, central passage for vehicles and two side entrances for pedestrians, and is decorated with reliefs of St. Chrysogonus (Zadar's main patron saint) on his horse, and the shield of St. Mark (the coat of arms of the Venetian Republic).
- Address: Ulica Ante Kumanića, Zadar, 23000
- Location: Zadar
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more