- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Deciding where to swim once you reach Pag Town is a no-brainer; you can pick practically anywhere in the huge, sheltered bay that stretches out from the short bridge in the town center. If you have kids, all that sand and shallow water is an added plus, compared to Zadar and so many other stretches of Croatia's often deep, rocky coast. Most of the 27 km (17 mi) of public beaches in the bay are accessible by car. For even better swimming, if that is possible, try heading north to Novalja and environs. The tourist-information office has a free map showing the locations of the best beaches.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel