- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
At a Glance
- central location close to ferry port
- light and airy rooms
- funky contemporary interior design
- friendly professional staff
- busy main road out front and an unappealing facade
- no restaurant (just a breakfast room)
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Luxe Review
A five-minute walk from the old town, above the ferry port, this slick modern hotel opened in summer 2010. The 27 rooms and 3 suites are funky but functional, with white minimalist furnishings, striped turquoise-lilac-and-mauve carpets, and floor-to-ceiling windows affording fine sea views. The sensual en suite bathrooms are separated from the bedrooms by just a glass wall, though there are modesty curtains for those who prefer their privacy. Guests enjoy a generous buffet breakfast (available until 1 pm) in the downstairs dining room. There's a small wellness center offering Finnish sauna, whirlpool, and a fully equipped gym (all free), with massage and beauty treatments on request. Free secure parking is also available nearby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more