- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
With a small terrace out front overlooking the wooden fishing boats of Matejuška harbor, Fife has long been a favorite with local fishermen. Come summer, it's also incredibly popular with tourists, who come here for the reasonably priced, down-to-earth Dalmatian cooking. Although they now have two dining rooms plus outdoor tables on the front terrace, you'll probably have to queue for a table, and may well be asked to share a table with other guests—but that's part of the fun.
- Address: Trubičeva Obala 11, Matejuška, Split
- Phone: 021/345–223
- Location: Split
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobste... Read more