- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
At a Glance
- prime location on seafront promenade
- beautifully designed interior
- excellent bar and restaurant
- very expensive
- rooms in front can be noisy at night (bars) and in the early morning (ferry)
- rooms are rather small
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Riva Review
Occupying a 100-year-old stone building on the palm-lined waterfront, opposite the ferry landing station, the Riva is considered one of Hvar's hippest hideaways. The rooms are rather small but funky, each decorated in pale gray with splashes of red, and a large black-and-white portrait of a film icon such as Anita Ekberg or James Dean. The prudish may not approve of the bathrooms, since the shower cubicle is visible from the bedroom through a large clear-glass window. Out front there is a delightful open-air terrace decorated with potted olive trees, where the Roots Restaurant serves innovative Mediterranean cuisine and the B.B. Club cocktail bar works into the early hours. If you object to late-night noise, forfeit the sea view and ask for a room at the back.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more