Southern Dalmatia Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Southern Dalmatia Hotel Reviews
Southern Dalmatia's (and indeed Croatia's) best and most expensive hotels are in Dubrovnik. The top-notch establishments lie in and near the Old Town, whereas in nearby Lapad you'll find around 20 large, modern socialist-era hotels, many of which have been purchased by foreign investors and renovated to include 21st-century luxuries such as wellness centers. Outside Dubrovnik standards drop, with some hotels still without air-conditioning or Internet service. Many visitors prefer to rent a private room or apartment: it's cheaper, homier, and gives you a chance to live as the locals do.
Many hotels in Dubrovnik stay open all year. For the rest of the region, the season runs from Easter through late October, peaking during July and August, when prices rise significantly and it may be difficult to find a place to sleep if you have not booked in advance.
Browse Southern Dalmatia Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe