Chief among the architectural highlights on Tvrđa's main square is the plague pillar at its center. The Votive Pillar of the Holy Trinity is one of Osijek's finest baroque monuments. Erected in 1729–30 by the widow of General Maksimilijan Petraš, who died of the plague in 1728, it has an elaborate pinnacle and four pedestals at its base bearing the statues of various saints, including St. Sebastian. Overlooking the northwest side of the square is the yellow Zgrada Glavne straže (Building of the Main Guard), built in 1729 with the observation post jutting out of its roof and capped by a Venetian-Moorish dome.
Trg Svetog Trojstva, Osijek, 31000, Croatia