At the foot of a hill where once there was a medieval fortress now stands one of Slavonia's loveliest baroque cathedrals. Completed in 1763, and endorsed by Empress Maria Theresa, it is marked by a single nave and two side chapels and has double volutes (spirals) on each side of its yellow facade. The interior is dominated by a grand altar blending playful baroque and rococo elements, and rococo pews carved from oak. The impressive wall and ceiling frescoes were made in 1898 and 1899 by the famous Croatian painters Celestin Medović and Oton Iveković—including Medović's striking scene on the sanctuary ceiling of St. Theresa ascending to heaven. The six stained-glass windows were added in the late 19th century.
Trg Sv. Terezije 13, Požega, Croatia