- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Opened in 2006, the Arka's popularity with locals has much to do with where it is: inside a multipurpose boat docked permanently on the Danube behind the Dunav Hotel. The vessel also has a covered terrace furnished with reed armchairs, where you can dine in good weather; and the lower decks include both a bar and a dance club. Fortunately, the menu is also quite good, with grilled meats, Wiener schnitzel, poultry, and steak, not to mention scrumptious desserts like palacinke (crepes).
- Address: Trg Republike Hrvatske bb, Vukovar,
- Phone: 032/450-465
- Location: Vukovar
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back from our trip and thought Id write a quick report as a thanks to all the great info we received from this forum.
Prague: We arrived around 1 pm after long day flying from Vancouver Canada. Pre- Read more
My wife and I are not the type to tag along with groups on organized trips. Read more
Hi; we're flying into Zagreb for a two week trip to the region. Read more
· News & Features
Croatia, with stunning scenery and a still-off-the-beaten-track vibe, is set to join the EU this summer,... Read more
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves?... Read more
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps.... Read more