- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
At a Glance
- location in the old town
- stylish interior
- good on-site restaurant
- small so often fully booked in high season
- old town is pedestrian-only and parking nearby can be problematic
- guests pay to use the spa
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Bastion Review
In Zadar's car-free old town, close to the tip of the peninsula, this chic boutique hotel has 23 rooms and 5 suites, all with wooden floors and marble bathrooms. The restaurant serves creative Mediterranean cuisine, with tables outdoors on a lovely upper level terrace. There's also a small Wellness Centre offering Turkish and Finnish sauna, massage, Jacuzzi, beauty therapies and a gym.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more