Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
City Market Review
A set of five turn-of-the-20th-century halls host the city's main market, one of the liveliest spots in Rijeka on a weekday or Saturday morning. Get here before midday to enjoy the trading in full cry. The original constructions from the 1880s have suffered a little from later additions, but the fish market, the last to be built, is a wonderful example of art nouveau design. The castings by well-known Venetian artist Urbano Bottasso ape the fish and crustaceans being sold below. The streets surrounding the market are filled with no-frills eateries that are good for a quick lunch. It's a good bet that their offerings will be fresh.
- Address: Demetrova 3, Rijeka, 51000
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 7 am–2 pm, Sun. 7 am–noon
- Location: Rijeka
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
Has anyone ever had any experience working with Adriatic Travel Agency: http://adriatictours.com?
We are thinking of using them for some things in Croatia, but can't find any reviews on them.
Thanks i Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more