Many of the yachts that line the harbor unload their human cargo at this small restaurant that enjoys a big reputation for fresh fish dinners. Tuna carpaccio, shark on the grill, and lobster na buzaru (cooked with wine) are all great. The occasional land-based course, such as pork medallions with asparagus, invades the lively and leafy terrace from time to time. Baracuda's size, matched with its good name, make an early arrival or a reservation advisable.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
This summer I spent a month in the Balkans and my favorite week was in Montenegro. Read more
Which car rental company should I pick in Croatia? Read more
· News & Features
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobste... Read more