Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Konoba Lanterna Review
From this former lighthouse, which is in a working-class district by the seashore, you'll see (and hear) boats being mended. The tiny stone building has the feel of an old pub inside, and the simple terrace seems far away from the packed quayside tourist restaurants in the main Lošinj square. Tangled nets, small fishing boats and buoys provide the scenery, with the occasional diving seagull for excitement. At lunchtime you are likely to be joining a crowd of mostly elderly gents from the neighborhood. But who cares that the clientele isn't so glamorous when you can enjoy tasty traditional food such as baked fish, or sausages cooked in wine?
- Address: Sveti Marije 12, Mali Lošinj, 51550
- Phone: 051/233–625
- Location: Lošinj
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
My husband and I will be there for 8 days/nights in July. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. ... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobste... Read more