- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kvarner Top 5
Opatija's Lungomare waterfront path. The Lungomare is an ideal place for a leisurely stroll anywhere between Opatija and Volosko; the path is over 7 mi long.
Baska beach on Krk island. For a day of seaside family fun—windsurfing, sandy expanses, and ice-cream stands galore—take a trip to this great beach on the southern end of the island.
Eco-Center Caput Insulae-Beli. You'll get a look at the rare griffin vultures of Cres island and find out about other bird-watching opportunities.
The Great Bell Tower in Rab Town. The view from the top of the town's tallest and most beautiful tower (there are four) is of a perfectly preserved medieval square.
The picturesque harbor of Losinj. Watch yachts come in and dock in front of stately 19th-century villas on both sides of the marina.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe